We’re recruiting! We’re on the hunt for an account manager or senior account manager to join the agency.
If you have experience managing client relationships whilst undertaking a role in journalism, PR or communications, gained within either an agency, in-house or in a busy newsroom, then this is an excellent career opportunity to join our ambitious business with a diverse and impressive client base.
Outwrite PR is a multi-award winning PR and marketing communications agency, boasting clients across a wide range of sectors including construction, professional services and food and drink. We take the time to understand our clients’ business objectives, what they want to achieve and do what we do best to help them, from raising awareness of their products and services to supporting their expansion, targeting new sectors and geographical regions.
Following a number of new client account wins and continued growth, this is an exciting opportunity to join our creative and vibrant team as an Account Manager.
About the Role
As an Account Manager, you’ll hit the ground running within an incredibly varied and exciting role, reporting directly to our Managing Director. This role is strategy and client-focused, but you’ll also be required to play a hands-on role in content creation. Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
- Liaising with B2B and B2C clients to create, plan, and deliver integrated PR / communications strategies
- Leading client meetings to discuss planning, strategy and evaluation in relation to their overall business goals and objectives
- Building strong relationships with clients, suppliers, journalists and influencers
- Tracking activity against agreed outputs, as well as identifying key client outcomes
- Ensuring the PESO media model is applied strategically and creatively to each client
- Creating and editing content, ranging from press releases and social media posts to Canva graphics and ebooks, where necessary
- Staying on top of clients’ area of interests, and how topical and breaking news can be fed into the content plan to benefit the client
Other duties for Outwrite’s marketing, new business and admin may include:
- Drafting blog posts and news articles
- Creating presentations for proposals
- Ad-hoc research e.g. potential new clients
The ideal candidate
- Experience within either journalism, PR and communications, gained in an agency, in-house or in a busy newsroom
- Experience managing client relationships
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to produce creative and engaging content to suit a variety of different audiences
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a quick and keen learner – committed to developing knowledge on the industries our clients operate within in order to continuously improve the content you deliver
- Our account managers and senior account managers earn between £27,000 to £35,000 per annum, with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
- Membership to the CIPR and full support for completing CPD
- Regular in-house training, plus investment into external training for career and personal development
- Permanent contract, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
You’ll be based at our office in Mold (North Wales), easily commutable from Cheshire and the North West. There is some scope for partial home working for the right candidate, however the first three months will need to be majority office based.
If you would like to find out more about the role, call Anthony on 07812 608 695 for a confidential chat.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.