The Institute of Directors (IoD) is the longest-standing organisation to serve and support business leaders, with more than 100 years of service in raising professional standards.
The North Wales branch of the IoD wanted to raise awareness of benefits of membership. In addition, it was also looking to increase attendance at events and grow its membership numbers.
Key messages included:
- You don’t need to be a company director to join the IoD.
- Each event includes an opportunity to network
- Member benefits include free business research; legal, HR and accounting advice; and access to IoD hubs across the UK
Planning and implementation
Outwrite’s research concluded that, although IoD Wales had a social media presence, a lack of one specifically for the North Wales region hindered its ability to raise awareness of its existence.
We devised a PR strategy to include media relations alongside the setting up and maintenance of an IoD North Wales Twitter account.
We worked closely with IoD North Wales chair Helen Watson and her committee to develop PR story and commentary ideas.
Events were promoted as editorial in off- and online media, as well as via postings on social media.
We built a community consisting mainly of North Wales-based businesses. This was achieved organically, thanks to a focus on providing high-quality content.
In 12 months we:
- Secured 27 pieces of coverage across North Wales
- At least one key message appeared in 75 per cent of the coverage earned
- Twitter followers grew at a rate of more than 1 new follower per day
- Almost 70 per cent of followers on Twitter are based in the UK, with 60 per cent in, or close to the border of, Wales
Get in touch to discuss how we can promote your brand.
A morning spent liaising with the media is nothing new to the Outwrite team, but last month they did so face to face at a media breakfast hosted by the CBI. They joined representatives from North Wales CBi member companies at Deeside food manufacturer KK Fine Foods,...read more
This article first appeared as Anthony Bullick’s column in the Daily Post business section on 21 February 2018. If increasing sales is a key business goal for you, injecting PR into your strategy will help you hit targets quicker. Before I begin, I’m not going to...read more